Monday, January 16, 2012

The Saber-Toothed Bunny

Author's Note: In Fourth Grade Aaron B. wrote a short story about a saber toothed bunny. I wanted to remaster it but didn't have the time. I'm glad to do something I've wanted to for three years. This short story represents how much we have and how quick we can lose it, so be thankful.
 

"Why are we here?" I asked. Me and my dad were walking in an empty field. He had a backpack that was really heavy.
"You'll See" He replied. Dad has been acting strange lately, I'm worried."I just hope you don't get too scared."

I heard rustling in the grass about ten yards from us, it was a bunny! Zap! I heard something futuristic go off from dad and out of nowhere he had some sort of a zap gun in his hands.When I looked back at bunny that was supposed to be there it wasn't, just a pile of ashes. "Did you shoot the bunny!?".

"I had to, they aren't any ordinary animal, they have fangs hiding in their mouth but just when you think they're harmless you're dead." said a very depressed dad. "These weapons are the most efficient, no reload needed they run on light." I was shocked. He gave me a "Light Gun" when I was checking it out I heard a scream. I turned to see dad with two foot fangs in his back!"AAH! Evan take the gun and run! The Poison will kick in soon and turn me into one of them!" No, no, no no, this can't happen. Not now, never.

I turned to see 100's of "bunnies" bouncing at me. One got too close and became a pile of ashes. What happens if I don't make it back? What will happen to human's? Will everyone I know live? These questions spring into my head will have to be answered with time. More keep coming and I keep running. I remember dad leaving a note before we left on our little trip, it probably the numbers to the safe in the basement that only he knows. Maybe there are more light guns in there or survival supplies. It doesn't matter now because even more saber-toothed bunnies are coming at me and this may be my last battle. I turn to see a bunny jump at me and my life flashes before my eyes then darkness.


No comments:

Post a Comment